pages

Monday, March 10, 2014

57 - Geranium Patio

Geranium Patio 6 x 6 Oil on Gessobord SOLD

Slivers of pre-dawn light
slip through the ornate curtains
of my vast dim bedroom
and shimmer about the floor
The brightness hurts my eyes
but the sight of brilliant red geraniums
and the sounds of birds singing
calms my nature-loving heart and soul
Good morning Mother Earth.


-i

Ohhh how I love this landscape scene when you wake up in the morning and walk outside with a blanket and a cup of hot tea. When I visit my parent's house, I'd wake up and see my mother sitting outside by this patio with her cup of coffee. She would always sit by the koi pond that is to the right of this archway, and listen to the birds and water running in this little pond. The koi would be super happy when she feeds them. They are so colorful and delightful to watch. When I have a house, I would build the same archway and a koi pond too! That would be a dream. 

No comments: