pages

Thursday, February 27, 2014

47 - Mystic Forest Glow

Mystic Forest Glow 6 x 6 Oil on Gessobord $50 - Buy it here.

The forest cries out to me,
time to come home.
Wander, 
take inspiration, 
and write about my beauty it says.
Come home my child.
The birds will sing for you, 
leaves will rustle, 
and the wolves howl. 
Come home, 
and I will heal you.

- source

I used a lot of blacks which is a mixture of alizarin crimson, phthalo green (blue shade), and ultramarine blue in equal amounts then I used titanium white to make the glow. I wanted the glow to have a purple hue by using more of the alizarin crimson and ultramarine blue with titanium white. The teal color is always brighter than light ultramarine blue. To make teal, mix ultramarine blue with almost equal amount but a tad bit more of phthalo green. I love the mystical glow and I got this stock from deviantart here.

No comments: