pages

Sunday, January 26, 2014

23 - Dahli & Nelson

Dahli & Nelson 6 x 6 Oil on Gessobord $40 - Buy it here.

These little puppies are the youngest of the seven Pekingese my family owns. I love them and Dahli is my favorite as she is a feisty playful ball of fur. If you haven't noticed...my family likes to name them after historical or somewhat famous names. The oldest half brothers, Napoleon Bonaparte and Alexander the Great (Naps and Alex), Napoleon is mostly brown with multicolors shades of brown and cream. Alex is similar but has a memorable blackish face. The third is named Henry as in Henry VIII of England the English king and he is cream colored and the biggest and fluffiest of all. The fourth is a girl! Her fur is completely black and her name I proudly call her is Cleopatra as in the Pharaoh of Ancient Egypt. The next one became mommy's baby girl, Lizzy, who was named after Queen Elizabeth of England. She follows my mom around and goes everywhere from hair salons to the office. She is a sweet girl. Then lastly the last two baby puppies who are half brother and sisters, Nelson and Dahli. Nelson is from Nelson Mandala and Dahli which I spelled wrong but prefer to pronounce it like Dolly is meant to honor the name from the Dalai Lama. Nelson is funny since he is completely white and poofy!

Jeez look at me go about the puppy dogs! This painting was another experiment of the blocky technique and I really like it!

No comments: