pages

Thursday, July 25, 2013

1 - Pinecone

Pinecone 6 x 6 Oil on hardboard $15 - Buy it here.

This is my first oil painting. A pinecone. I’ve learned that oil bleeds and can get very muddy if my paintbrush isn’t clean between colors. I also learned that its very easy to getlighter than it is to darker colors. Unlike acrylic, oil is very easy to blend and stays wet for more than 24 hours. Acrylic dries too fast but can be convenient for layering different colors. I’m going to try and paint everyday!

 

Excuse the terrible angle of this video, it was my first time! From then on, all videos will be much closer and better! I had this done with my iphone using an app called iMotion HD (free!) which was set on a time lapse of 10 seconds and the painting took me an hour to complete.

No comments: